Information for Landlords
At Timothy A Brown, we are licensed rental agents and experts. Our rental team are vastly experienced and knowledgeable individuals, with all senior members holding professional qualifications with ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents).
As members of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), we are governed by strict codes of conduct and are committed to maintaining the highest standards possible in relation to the quality of service we provide to all our customers. We offer a Full Letting and Management Service, and a Let Only Service, with details of these services briefly outlined below:
- All properties featured on our redesigned website www.timothyabrown.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk , www.zoopla.co.uk , www.OnTheMarket.com
- Accompanied viewings on all properties.
- Thorough tenant selection process through a credit referencing agency
- Professionally qualified rental team through ARLA Propertymark
- Collection of tenant deposit and rent. Preparation and signing of Tenancies and necessary legal notices at the beginning and end of agreements.
- Preparation of a comprehensive Schedule of Condition & Inventory (including photographs). This is essential if there is a requirement to deduct money from a tenant’s bond for alleged damage.
- Tenancy deposits protected through the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (Full Management Only)
- As we run Proman the industry’s leading property management system, we are able to provide up to the minute statements.
- Tax management for owners working abroad.
- Property inspections. (Full Management Only)
- Knowledgeable, enthusiastic, qualified staff who are able to give advice to both landlord and tenant throughout the tenancy.
- Renewals. (Full Management Only)
- Review of Rental - negotiate new rents that reflect the market value.
- Maintenance Service. (Full Management Only)
- Commissioning of EPC, Gas Safety and Electricity certificates and Legionella Risk Assessments.
- Smoke and carbon monoxide alarm checks
- Check Out Service. (Full Management Only)
THE CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT HAS MADE IT A LEGAL REQUIREMENT FOR ALL LETTINGS AGENTS IN ENGLAND TO DISPLAY DETAILS OF ALL FEES AND CHARGES ON WEBSITES. INFORMATION AND DETAILS OF OUR FEES AND CHARGES CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING HERE. . IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD THIS INFORMATION RELATING TO OUR FEES THEN PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE AND WE SHALL IMMEDIATELY PROVIDE YOU WITH THE INFORMATION IN THE FORMAT YOU REQUIRE
Information for Tenants
Viewings - We will endeavour to arrange viewings at your convenience during office hours. We do require an address, a mobile telephone number and a daytime landline telephone number in order to organise a viewing and ask for your co-operation with respect to this.p>
Applications - If you wish to rent a property, you will be required to complete a confidential application form to provide personal and financial details. In order for us to complete your application, we will need to see all your supporting documents so that we can complete the process
References and forms of identification will be required from all prospective applicants and potential occupiers aged 18 years or over and guarantors where applicable.
A holding deposit is required, this can be paid by Cheque or Credit / Debit Card. Full details of the permitted payments can be viewed by clicking here
Holding Deposit (per tenancy) – One week’s rent
This is to reserve the property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-To-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and/or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
The holding deposit is required while we carry our preliminary checks and obtain employer’s reference and credit reference.p>
If the checks and references are satisfactory, no later than on the day the Tenancy Agreement is to be signed, we require the following:-
(a) One month’s rent in advance in cleared funds. (less the amount of the holding deposit).
(b) A security deposit – equivalent to five weeks rent in cleared funds. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
(c) Owing to recent global insecurities, proof of identity of all applicants will be required together with proof of identity, i.e. utility bills.
Your deposit is refundable at the end of the tenancy, subject to you complying with the terms of the Tenancy Agreement.
The tenant is to be responsible for the Council Tax charge and other utility and service providers, attributable to the property. We would ask that tenants insure their own belongings and have suitable insurance in place to cover accidental damage to the Landlord’s property which will protect their deposit.
Details of comprehensive specialist Tenants insurance are available at our office – please ask.
Pets: Where domestic pet(s) are accepted by the landlord the rent will be charged at a higher monthly amount. (This does not mean this particular landlord will accept any request for pets).
We are members of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS), a government authorised scheme which will hold and protect your deposit. Information about the TDS is available.
Furnishings - Part furnished generally means that the property is provided with carpets, curtains and light fittings and kitchen white goods. Furnished usually means the above and larger items ie chairs, sofa beds etc. However it is always best to check. Fully furnished will usually include all furniture, kitchenware etc.
If you are smokers or wish to keep pets, please check there are no restrictions when selecting a property.
THE CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT HAS MADE IT A LEGAL REQUIREMENT FOR ALL LETTINGS AGENTS IN ENGLAND TO DISPLAY DETAILS OF ALL PERMITTED PAYMENTS AND CHARGES ON WEBSITES. INFORMATION AND DETAILS OF OUR FEES AND CHARGES CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING HERE (new tenancies) or CLICKING HERE (existing tenancies). IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD THIS INFORMATION RELATING TO THE PERMITTED PAYMENTS THEN PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE AND WE SHALL IMMEDIATELY PROVIDE YOU WITH THE INFORMATION IN THE FORMAT YOU REQUIRE